Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rezzing


I had been a little frustrated that the kids had so many pre-made objects in their inventories: they were so busy playing, it was hard to get them to program. But, in the last class, the kids learned how to rez objects and when Sin created an R2D2 and had it rez a light saber, it made me see the fun in these pre-made objects as well.


Today, I also overhead Sin say, "This is the only part of my life when I can afford to have stuff!" So, there's something pretty cool to that too...


Should be more posts coming soon -- we also have several new students who are quickly catching up.


As for my programming: today, I figured out how to rez several objects in several differnet locations! I'm kind of excited. I'm begining to understand the scripting lingo and how vectors work. So, the photo above is my "Dancing Donut" box. When someone says "dancers" the troupe of multi-flavored (color changing script -- they're blueberry and strawberry in the pic), moving (moving objects with vectors script) donuts, appear above the box (rezzing script). When someone says "exit," the dancing donuts disappear in a cloud of flames (exploding script). There are still some glitches to work out, but I'm having fun with them. :)

No comments: